"Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted."

Randy Pausch's Last lecture

Monday, April 6, 2009

iTunes U. K-12 Video Podcast- Mar 29

I know I have been pretty negative about all this technology but through this process I have actually found some positives, this assignment being on of them. I searched for grades K-5 video podcast for Physical Education and this website came up: NASA BLOGS. This website was really cool. It addressed many topics from space, to the earth, to the clouds and even fitness. It had a lot of information that was presented in a "fun" way. I guess maybe why blogs and podcast are being so praised for is because of the access to so many topics at the touch of your fingertips. This particular topic on fitness suggested that the students make a blog on fitness. They would have to research different techniques and post how they would teach a fitness class and what they liked and didn't like. Exactly what we are doing for this class. Producing a fitness podcast could help students make connections that otherwise might not have clicked for them. So I am going back and forth on this podcast issue, but my mind is not closed to it. I might even consider using this project for one of my classes. Then I can document how we did it and produce our own podcast!

No comments:

Post a Comment