"Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted."

Randy Pausch's Last lecture

Monday, March 2, 2009

EDM 2008 podcast evaluate-Feb 15


I really did not know what to think when I looked up all of these podcasts. I honestly did not know what a podcast was until this assignment!

The first podcast I listened to was Utube for Educational Purposes. I thought overall it was informative. I never knew utube had information that we could use for education. I thought utube broad casted videos for entertainment purposes. This group gave a lot of great ideas of what utube could be used for and what informational material was already available. However if I have to be critical it would be this; they were too nervous, they needed to know what they were going to say before it came up, they read some of the information and you could tell they were reading it, they said "um" a lot. I will try to remember this when I have to do my podcast.

The second podcast I watched was Lessons from life; the last lecture of Randy Pausch. It was kind of hard to listen to because they were reading most of the material and when reading, were not very good at it. They needed to elaborate more. One girl seemed to be comfortable and did elaborate more than the others but there was too many "um"'s and pauses. I thought they could have really paid a tribute to this guy and they missed it. However, I get tongue twisted too when in front of people so I understand how difficult this probably was for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment