"Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted."

Randy Pausch's Last lecture

Monday, March 2, 2009

All About iTunes University - Mar 8

This assignment was a little difficult for me. It took me forever to find where I was supposed to go to. I guess I am still a little computer illiterate. I finally got in and this is what I think. If you have read any of my blogs you should know by now my concerns about technology. However I found a positive note to talk about this time. I have a learning disability...well two really. I have Auditory Processing Disorder and Attention Deficit Disorder. I have difficulty taking notes in class and then remembering what was talked about. I do better with hands on activities. When I was in Junior College, because of my disability, they provided me with a note taker and allowed me to tape lectures. While this was helpful there was still some confusion because I couldn't understand some of the notes and the audio from the tape was poor. Now with the use of ipods and other devices I could use these tools to listen to the lecture, or watch as a podcast, at my own pace and make sure I understood and if I had any questions I could email the teacher or ask him/her at the next class meeting. I still think it's crucial for kids to be in class and not use this as an excuse to miss class or not pay attention. If used correctly I think this is an awesome opportunity for kids with disabilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment