"Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted."

Randy Pausch's Last lecture

Monday, March 2, 2009

6 Podcast to view and elaborate on-FEB 8


I listened to all of the different podcasts. I'm not a very auditory person. In fact I have Auditory Processing Disorder, so the information was hard for me to obtain. I am definitely more of a visual person and do much better with hands on activities. It was hard for me to stay focused but I will do my best to translate what I listened to. Ben and Joan from Smartboard were not very informitive. I felt like I was listening to conversation about nothing. The first episode of KidCast was kind of informative. I don't know how many classrooms or schools actually use podcasting. As stated before my area of study is PE and I am not sure how this would be helpful. As for me, in my classes, if I have to listen to people talking I just drift off and I think that most students would also. I think that if they had a podcast that made the students interact with them might be a better use of time. I think students would take this time to sleep, catch up on homework or even talk to others in class. I just don't see the benefits from using this type of technology. I'm not really sure what the EdTechTalk show was about. They had a few people they interviewed but I thought it was going to teach you things about how to use technology in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment